Wizards Summer League Roster

Written By Chris C-Ford ---- Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Wizards announced their summer league roster and

Current Players

While the Wiz came out of the draft with ZERO rookies, they will have 4 current young guys on the summer roster. Nick Young, Dominic McGuire, & Javaris Crittenton are entering their 3rd seasons, and JaVale McGee is going into his second year. Andray "summer league" Blatche, who has been playing in the summer for 100 years in a row, is finally not going to make the trip to Vegas.

Guys To Think About

Alade Aminu, Georgia Tech, PF (6'10" 230lbs) ROOKIE:

"I think I can be a Chris Anderson type of guy, someone who comes in and blocks a lot of shots and brings energy, gets some baskets here and there." --Draft Express Interview

Josh Heytvelt, Gonzaga, PF (6'10" 236lbs) ROOKIE:

"Obviously I think my offense is my strength. I’m a pick and pop big guy, I run the floor really well and I’m multi-dimensional on offense. For my weaknesses, I think I need to play with more energy and just play strong defense all the time." --Draft Express Interview

James Lang, High School, C (6'10" 208lbs)

Lang played 11 games (55 minutes) for the Wizards back in 06'-07', then he was cut.

"I kind of miss that. I thought about that. I miss playing with them, being around them, hanging out with them, joking with them. All of them, especially Gilbert. I kind of miss that." --Sports Bog Interview about being cut from the Wiz

You can check out the others over at the Wizards Blog...

No comments: